Award Winning Care Assistant Training Course
All PAs working with Active Assistance are required to attend and successfully complete our comprehensive Care Assistant Training Course before starting work with our clients. The PA training course is delivered by our own specialist training team and takes place in venues across the UK.
Mandatory training content for all PAs on the Care Assistant Training Course:
- The Principles of Care
- Confidentiality and Information Governance
- The role of the PA (job description, duty of care)
- Mental Capacity & DoLS
- Skin & pressure care
- Food Safety & Nutrition
- Health & Safety (Lone Worker, Fire, COSHH, RIDDOR, Infection control, risk assessment)
- Safer People Handling theory & practical
- Continence Care
- Safeguarding Adults at Risk & Safeguarding Children
- First Aid
- Emergency people handling
- Falling & fallen client
- Medication theory & practical
- Documentation, record keeping & incident reporting
- Challenges & boundaries
- Supporting PA (family dynamics, conflict & grief)
All training is delivered in line with relevant, current legislation as well as Active Assistance policies and procedures.
Opportunities for Professional Development
Depending on the client group you will be working with, we also support continuing professional development of PAs. We deliver specialist training on the following:
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Assisted cough
- Management of Spasms
- Autonomic Dysreflexia
- Neurogenic Bowel Management
- Acquired Brain Injury
- Clinical Skills Training (e.g. Tracheostomy care)
As driving and language skills are so important to our clients we also arrange for additional coaching in these areas.
Annual update training is provided to ensure that your skills and knowledge remain current while you are working as a PA with Active Assistance. In order to assure the quality of our workforce we deliver this focussed one day mandatory update in training venues across the UK.
“Enabling people to live as individually and independently as possible and supporting them to achieve their goals and aspirations”
Please note that Active Assistance welcomes candidates from the EU to join their valuable workforce in the UK. The UK is still currently a member of the EU. We are keeping all employees informed on changes and we support our Care Workers through current Brexit uncertainty.